Grubby's Grizzly

I opened up the shed yesterday to get the grizzly out. I was immediately greeted by the most nauseating smell - The kind of smell that can only be made by a dead animal. Since I am the king of putting stuff off til later, I decided my best course of action would be to just leave the shed door open for a while to air it out - figuring that in a month or so when I finally got around to dealing with it, the smell would be a little more tolerable. So I pulled the Grizzly out, inspected the brakes (they need replaced), and tried to start it. I tried to crank it for several minutes and I couldn't even get it to fire a little bit.

I gave up and just coasted down the hill to my garage. Figuring it was maybe the gas, I put some fresh gas in it but to no avail. Then I remembered that it wasn't my problem, so I pushed it into my freshly cleaned garage and left it for Grubby to deal with.

Later that night, my wife went downstairs and noticed that the garage smelled funny. She didn't understand how I could have CLEANED the garage and yet still managed to make it smell worse. But life with Big A is always full of interesting smells, so she wasn't worried about it. I went down this morning and the smell almost knocked me over. It was the exact same smell that was in my shed. Clearly it wasn't the shed or the garage that was the problem. It was the grizzly. I had to push it around back. If it was working, I would have driven the stinky thing into the middle of the woods and chained it to a tree.

I don't know what Grubby is going to find when he opens it up. I'm hoping that whatever animal crawled up there and died isn't also the reason it's not starting....

Comments

Rob said…
Better open the air box before trying to start it again.
Big A said…
yeah, that's kind of what I figured. Can we still blame it on not beeing a Honda?
Rob said…
Absolutely... we can do anything as long as we don't blame it on you.
Big A said…
sounds good to me.
gagknee said…
i never had an animal die in any of my hondas