My Biggest Fear

Every year a couple of weeks before the trip is that our lodging will have gotten screwed up or accidentally overbooked. Fortunately, another year has passed where that hasn't happened.

Here is a reply from our land lady from an email I sent her yesterday:

HELLO ANDY...YEP, YOU HAVE HAD YOUR RESERVATION SINCE DEC. SO, IT'S FINALLY ALMOST TIME FOR SOME FUN!!!!!!!
YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT PERMITS - I WILL HAVE THEM WAITING FOR YOU (THE COMMUNITY CENTER DOESN'T SELL THEM ANYMORE) - WE HAVE THE H~M PERMITS AND SOUVENIRS AT OUR VIDEO STORE. AND, YOU WON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT GETTING HERE LATE - I WILL GIVE YOU THE CODE TO THE HOUSE AND YOU CAN LET YOURSELF IN. ALSO, YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT PAYING ME THE SECOND YOU GET HERE...YOU JUST WORRY ABOUT GETTING HERE AND HAVING SOME FUN - WE'LL TAKE CARE OF THAT OTHER STUFF WHENEVER IT'S CONVENIENT FOR YOU ALL. OH YEAH...WE ARE TRYING TO COLLECT A LICENSE PLATE FROM ALL 50 STATES FROM OUR GUESTS - I HAVE ONE PROMISED FROM VA BUT WE DON'T HAVE ANY FROM THE NEW ENGLAND STATES YET - SO, IF YOUR FRIENDS WOULD HAPPEN TO HAVE AN EXTRA ONE THAT THEY WOULD LIKE FOR US TO DISPLAY WE WOULD BE HAPPY TO HAVE IT. WOULD YOU LIKE FOR MY HUSBAND (JEFF) TO SEND YOU ANY DIRECTIONS....IF YOU GET YOUR DIRECTIONS ONLINE HE SAYS THAT MAPQUEST IS THE MOST ACCURATE. ALSO, WOULD YOU LIKE FOR ME STOCK THE FRIDGE FOR YOU - ANY FOOD OR DRINKS? ...I'D BE HAPPY TO PICK UP WHATEVER YOU MAY NEED. JUST LET ME KNOW HOW MANY PERMITS I NEED TO HAVE FOR YOU AND I WILL GIVE YOU A CALL IN ABOUT A WEEK...13 DAYS TILL FUN IN THE MUD!!!!!
HAVE A GREAT EVENING!!!!
TINAMARIE

Comments

L-DUB said…
I'll try to remember to bring a NH plate
gagknee said…
thats cool. i might have one too.
Trish said…
Yahoo! Only nine more days until we have a vacation from the men!!
I don't know about the other wives, but I have got big plans!! Of course those plans will have to happen with 3 boys tagging along! I am sure it will not be quite as fun as the 17 hour drive or the yummy burgers at Hardees or Billy Bobs(whatever its called). I hope you all have fun..just remember you all have to come home in one piece and breathing, PLEASE.
Nhmommaof5 said…
yes one piece and breathing would be a bonus!
Rob said…
No promises. But so far the only one to succomb to significant injury has been me and I only missed one morning of riding (2004).