Machine Prep

Machine prep is under way. Installed a new set of rearend bearings (All Balls brand in case you were wondering) in my machine.

Tomorrow, I will move on to general maintenance. Air filter, chain lube, oil change, etc. This will be the first time ever, EVER, that this machine hasn't had Honda HP4 Synthetic in it... I am going with Mobil 1 instead. Primarily because I refuse to pay the exorbitant prices charged by my local Honda dealer.

A few other odds and ends and she'll be ready for another dance with coal country. (Year 8)

Comments

gagknee said…
did you borrow any tools from autozone to get the old bearings out? i saw some interesting looking pullers the last time i was there.
Rob said…
Nah, I just used a stainless steel pipe I have as a punch to knock them out. I did try something different to put in the new bearings... I took one of the old bearings, made a cut in the outer race, punched out the center, and then used the outer race to help tap in the new bearings. That way I didn't risk hitting the grease seal or the inner race as I tapped in the new bearings... the cut in the outer race made it easy to pull out once the new bearing was in place.
gagknee said…
ingenious. i haven't had to replace my bearings yet. need to ride more :)
L-DUB said…
Wingnut, replaced the a front wheel bearing my my machine this morning.
gagknee said…
send him over to big a's house
rburnsy said…
L-Dub,
It must not have been a problem to get a bearing?
L-DUB said…
Luckally the local Honda place has one in stock.

Had to sell a kidney for it, but I got it and it went back together nicelly.

Should have bought the bearing last fall when I noticed that it was bad...