My Machine

Everybody is talking about their machines, so I guess that I will too.

I bought and installed a new clutch cable. Last year my forearm and hand were really sore from pulling in the clutch. The new cable has a really smooth easy pull to it. I also adjusted the location of the lever. This should help a lot.

I replaced all of the brake pads, but I stripped the dinky little screws on the front master cylinder cover, come on Honda!, and had to drill them out. Luckily, Lowe's had replacement screws. A little bit of never seize from my 19 year old tube of it, and I should be all set for the next time.

New chain and sprockets, I still had the originals, from Primary Drive and I went down one tooth in the front to 14 because I heard this helps with acceleration and hillclimbing, two of my favorite activities, but I will lose a little on the top end, but thats okay, since going wide open is not one of my favorite activities.

My el cheapo Walmart battery that I bought last year isn't holding a charge very well. I am going to run 60 feet of extension cord to the shed and hook the charger up to it and see what happens.

Oil is changed. A few new stickers put on (Motion Pro, Primary Drive and Fly). Got new lenses for the goggles and a nice pair of gloves to replace one of the pairs that was stolen I lost.

Comments